So occasionally I surprise myself in the kitchen and have a genius idea…One that even tastes awesome!
This was tonight’s genius. They’re kind of like Mexican pizzas? Sort of?
Ingredients (serves one hungry person after a medium intensity workout):
- 4 slices of gluten free and vegan bread
- Garlic sauce (vegan and gluten free – I buy this from my local organic food market)
- Packet of Quorn bites
- Cajun seasoning
- Grated cheese (I use Notzerella)
- Mash the avocado
- Toss the quorn bites in cajun seasoning and cook in pan or microwave according to instructions on Quorn packet
- Toast the bread in a toaster
- Spread a small amount of the garlic sauce on each piece of toast (only use a little bit, it’s quite a strong taste)
- Spread the cooked quorn bites over the pieces of toast and spread the grated cheese over the top
- Put the pieces of toast under a griller for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese
- Take the toast out from the griller and spread a little bit of the mashed avocado on top
Oh yeah, so good! I deserve a medal 😀
A really good post-workout meal by the way. Good protein source, good oils, carbs aren’t too high.