I’m not saying that this is the most…suitable…thing to drink after a long training session since it does contain mild amounts of caffeine, so bear that in mind I guess. It works for me after a long run though.
- 4 teaspoons loose lemongrass tea
- 1 litre boiling water
- 4 teaspoons stevia (or equivalent low cal sweetener of your choice)
- Crushed mint leaves (optional)
- Sugar free lemonade to mix
- Put the tea in your tea strainer and place over your teapot or jug.
- Add the hot water and allow to steep for 4-5 minutes before adding the sweetener and stirring well.
- Remove the tea leaves from the pot/jug
- (Optional) Add the mint leaves
- Put the pot/jug in the fridge to cool for 2 hours
- Once it’s cold, mix the iced tea with some ice cold lemonade (I use a half-half mix)