I had a mango in the freezer and was trying to figure out what to do with it…And remembered that once upon a time I liked mango chicken curry. But since I’m no longer allowed to eat meat, I decided to try a vegan version instead.
Ingredients (serves 2 normal people, or one hungry person after training!):
- Flesh of 1 small mango
- 2 medium tomatoes (get them a little bit squishy, not firm)
- 1 heaped teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 500 grams button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Olive oil spray
- Dice the tomatoes and mangoes
- Put the mango, tomato, curry powder and cayenne pepper into a blender and pulverise until it’s a liquid (there’ll be seeds from the tomato though)
- Spray a frying pan with the olive oil spray and once heated, add the minced garlic.
- When the garlic starts to brown, add the sliced mushrooms and cook until they’ve started to soften
- Add the mango curry mixture to the frying pan and simmer on medium heat until the mushrooms are cooked through
- Take the frying pan off the heat and serve the curry up with some rice (or bread)
Mango – not only a dessert option!