So not that long ago, I bought an ice cream maker. This is a recipe I came up with for vegan and gluten free peanut butter ice cream.
This recipe of course assumes you have an ice cream maker at your disposal…
Ingredients (makes approx. 500mL of ice cream):
- 8 tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter with chocolate
- 4 tbsp sugar free peanut butter syrup (could substitute maple syrup)
- 250mL unsweetened almond milk
- 300g silken tofu
- Mix the powdered PB2 with the peanut butter syrup in a large bowl and stir until the powder is gone and you have a peanut butter paste. You might need to add a little more syrup if necessary to get the right consistency.
- Add the milk to the peanut butter mix and stir until the peanut butter paste is mixed in.
- Add the silken tofu to the bowl and use a hand blender to blend the whole mixture together.
- Refrigerate the mixture for several hours before sticking it in the ice cream maker and following the manufacturers instructions.
- EAT! I served myself 2 scoops with some sliced banana. So good!
For the record – this came in at only 88 calories for a ~125mL serving. So it’s low fat and healthy, as well as being vegan friendly and gluten free!