Once upon a time, I used to eat regular pasta…And I really miss it. But I’ve managed to find an acceptable substitute called Slim Pasta. It’s basically something made from shirataki noodles, which are both vegan and gluten free. They’re not the tastiest thing out there, but if you can’t eat egg or wheat, they’ll do…
This recipe makes 2 decent sized servings.
- 500g sliced button mushrooms
- 150g Enoki mushrooms
- 100g sliced black olives
- 250g jar tomato and chilli pasta sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 500g shirataki noodles*
- Olive oil spray
- Spray frying pan with olive oil spray and put on medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook until turning a slight brown.
- Add button and enoki mushrooms to the pan and cook on medium heat until the button mushrooms start to collapse (you’ll notice that they start to release water).
- Add the jar of pasta sauce, olives and dried chilli flakes to the mushrooms and stir through well. Cook until the liquid starts to evaporate.
- Prepare the shirataki noodles according to the instructions on the package. This usually only takes 1-2 minutes, so do this just before taking the mushroom mixture off the stove.
- Take the mushroom mixture off the stove and mix through the drained shirataki noodles.
* I used 2 packets of Slim Pasta Spaghetti Noodles.