This started as an experiment to see if I could make vegan tzatziki that tasted palatable.
- 1 small tub plain soy yogurt
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix everything together and eat!
My lunch recipe as seen in the photo?
- 1 gluten free bread roll
- Vegan tzatziki
- 1 tablespoon sliced black olives
- Gluten free tabbouleh (made with quinoa, I buy it pre-made from the local deli)
- Gluten free and vegan falafels (there’s a brand in Australia called Syndian that makes them, can be found at Coles and Woolies)
For the record, yes, the tzatziki tasted good! I probably use a bit more pepper than most people would like, but that’s just personal taste. I like a bit of kick to my food.